#2 - Japan, Bits of Bali & Singapore


Shot with Olympus µ[MJU:]-II with Kodak Potra 800

I have for fact concluded that my previous film mishap was definitely due to the lab's error, and now that I think about it, I was clearly ripped off for the price I paid. They charged me an extra amount for said "high-res" scan and took almost 1 month to simply send me back the roll. I am grateful that a kind acquaintance personally messaged me and recommended other options that offer better quality and quicker service for a more reasonable price. You can tell that the difference in quality is ridiculous, somehow incredible even...

I used this roll from the Bali trip back in Sept 2015 and managed to stretch them out to my short visit to Singapore in May and early July's Japan trip. Most of the photos from Bali and Singapore, although the really bad ones are not in this post, are quite hideous as you can see from the intense fade tone, but the ones from the Japan trip turned out mostly decent if not kind of blurry. I'm still trying to figure out the proper conditions and lighting for different ISO films, so I'm still experimenting... I'm restless and excited until my study in Japan where I'll be having plenty of time and places to shoot! 

I still have a post from my Japan trip left in queue but I have yet the time to properly compose a story... I want to write it soon while the trip is still fresh in my mind but I'll take my time to write a story that means something to me. 

4 comments:

  1. if you don't mind me asking, where do you develop your rolls? your shots are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I developed my film with soupnfilm.com, a Jakarta based lab. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Stunning shots as always!
    All the pics are so calming to see.
    Never shoot on film before, but I'm keen to try it one day.

    Hi-five from Tokyo!

    www.shabrinahazimi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi people,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
    If someone want to learn more about Seaside Residences Singapore I think this is the right place for you!

    ReplyDelete